King Arthur Banana Bread
So tasty, you almost forget it’s gluten & dairy free!
||Mashed Ripe Banana (about 4 1/2 medium bananas)
|2 ¼ cups
||King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix (must be the baking flour)
||Ground Nutmeg (optional)
||Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter, brown sugar & eggs.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add baking flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and optional ingredients to the bananas.
- Stir sugar, butter & egg mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Allow the batter to rest 10 minutes.
- Bake the bread for 45 minutes, then gently lay a piece of aluminum foil across the top, to prevent over-browning.
- Continue to bake until the top springs back and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few wet crumbs clinging to it, an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Run a table knife around the edges, turn it out of the pan, and cool completely on a rack.
Yield: 1 loaf, about 16 slices.