Egg Drop Soup
This is high in protein and you can add small cubes of tofu, spinach, or additional vegetables of your choice to this!
|½ Tsp||Toasted sesame oil|
|1 Tbsp||Olive Oil|
|½ Tsp||Grated ginger|
|4 Cups||Bone broth, chicken broth or vegetable broth|
|2 Tsp||Gluten Free fish sauce|
|1 Tbs||Gluten Free soy sauce|
|3||Green onions, sliced thin|
|2 Tbs||Corn starch|
|2||Eggs, well beaten|
|Salt, to taste|
- In a small pot or medium saucepan, heat olive and sesame oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and gently sauté, being careful not to burn, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in 3 cups of the broth, the fish sauce, soy sauce, and green onions, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of broth with the corn starch and whisk until corn starch is dissolved.
- Pour into the pot and stir to combine, the broth should thicken up a bit.
- Be sure your soup is just barely simmering before adding the eggs. To add the eggs and make “egg ribbons”, simply continuously stir your soup in one direction while slowly drizzling the eggs into the soup in a slow, steady stream.
- Taste soup and add salt, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!