Quick Taco Skillet
Quick & easy taco scramble! This recipe is a simple meal prep lunch or dinner that I make often. It’s easy to make on Sunday and enjoy it for the remainder of your busy work week. Gluten free & dairy free. Has 5 cups of spinach hidden in there too!
1. Brown 3 lbs. of ground turkey and then add the taco seasoning.
2. Add the cooked white rice or the Spanish rice.
3. Add 2 cups of corn and 5 cups of spinach.
I usually put the spinach in a blender with a little bit of olive oil. It chops it up really well, and you can’t tell that there is spinach mixed in with the taco mix
4. Add tomatoes, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper & red pepper
5. Mix everything together and let it simmer on low for 20 minutes.
6. Add cheddar cheese (optional)
Side note: I usually heat a little olive oil in a pan and then add some cut up corn tortillas. Cook the tortilla’s until they are golden brown and crunchy. Add these or crushed up tortilla chips to the top of your taco skillet.