Toddler Approved Breakfast Bars
Got this recipe from https://www.yummytoddlerfood.com/. Super easy to make, and very similar to a homemade nutri-grain bar!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8-inch baking sheet with parchment paper, leaving a few inches overhang on two sides so you can easily lift the bars out when they are cooled.
- Place the oats into the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse to grind into a coarse flour.
- Place the honey and peanut butter into a medium bowl and warm in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add the oats and the remaining ingredients except the jam to the bowl with the peanut butter and honey, and stir together. Use clean hands to bring the dough together as needed to form a thick, cookie dough like texture. It will hold together when pressed between your fingers.
- Set aside ¾ cup of the batter
- Place the remaining batter into the bottom of the prepared baking pan and press down evenly to cover.
- Spread jam on top.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the jam and press down slightly.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, remove from oven, and let cool completely in the pan.
- Lift the bars out using the parchment paper and slice into bars. Store in the fridge for extra firmness and in an airtight container. You can freeze in a bag for up to 3 months.