Classic Chicken Pot Pie Filling
This recipe is for the filling that goes in chicken pot pie. It’s tasty on its own, without the actual pie crust. We are going to attempt a gluten free pie crust next time we make this! This is non dairy too, and very creamy!
|1/3 Cup||Earth Balance Vegan Butter|
|1/4 Cup||Finely Chopped White Onion|
|1/3 Cup||GF King Arthur All Purpose Baking Mix|
|1 Tbs||Corn Starch|
|1 3/4 Cup||Gluten Free Chicken Broth|
|1/2 Cup||Almond Milk|
|2 1/2 Cup||Cooked Shredded Chicken|
|1 Cup||Frozen Corn|
|1 Cup||Frozen Mixed Vegetables|
|1 Cup||Cooked Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into thick chunks|
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk, stirring until bubbly.
- Add corn starch and mix in well, until the sauce has thickened.
- Add in remaining ingredients and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy by itself as a stew or add to a pie crust and bake in the oven!